Monday 18 April 2016

Disney World Florida part 2 - Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

Disney World!!

Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, FL 32830, United States

When I visited Florida on holiday (both times) the part I was most excited about was going to Disney World. I’m a just a big kid I love all things Disney and I was not disappointed.



There are four theme parks:
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Plus two water parks:
  • Disneys Typhoon Lagoon
  • Disneys Blizzard Beach

All the parks have different opening hours which can be easily viewed on the website link I have given below. 
Magic Kingdom and Epcot tend to stay open the latest whilst the water parks and the Animal Kingdom always close the earliest. It’s worth just double checking before planning your trip.



For visiting the parks there are different ticket options available such as a two week ticket which will gain you access to all. We bought this and it was not cheap but overall the parks are not cheap and it was still a better deal and just easier overall. We purchased it through our travel agent when we booked our trip.

You do have to pay for car parking but once you pay you can use that ticket for the rest of the day i.e. at one of the other parks or even leave and come back later at night say for the fireworks display.
You do have to pay for car parking but once you pay you can use that ticket for the rest of the day i.e. at one of the other parks or even leave and come back later at night say for the fireworks display.

Car parking charges depend on the size of your vehicle


  • Car or motorcyle is $20 per day,
  • Shuttle, trailer or rv is $22 per day,
  • Bus is $25 per day.



Disney’s Hollywood Studios



This was by far my favourite theme park from the four and we spent the most time here.

There was so much to do here and see I just loved it. There was a tour offering a look at old movie props kept on site.

My absolute favourite part of the park though had to be The Hollywood Tower of Terror ride. My partner hated it so naturally I made him go on loads of times cause I delight in the misery of others :P 


Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Also was very good. Had a large selection of animals but they weren't kept in cages. Instead they were allowed to wander in their own area and people were given tours on roads situated near or through the areas.
Lots of beautiful animals and the landscape was lovely as well.
There was 2 rides I really liked, the first one being the Kali river rapids which I got completely drenched on and the dye in my clothes ran so I was quite the sight! The second ride was expedition Everest. Both are really fun and worth trying out! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Genuine Getaway Guide Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design